It is one of the most important buildings of the Italian period in Rhodes, which today houses the Prefecture of the Dodecanese, on the beach of Mandraki in Rhodes Town. It was built around 1927 by architect Florestano Di Fausto, chief architect of governor Mario Lago and creator of many major public buildings, urban planning and restoration work, etc.
According to the Ministry of Culture is an imposing two-story building, built to the dominant system of the time, stonework and reinforced concrete. The ground plan is surrounded by a covered gallery at the height of the road. Morphological building comes from the "Palazzo Ducale; Venice. It has complicated decorative lined red stone on the eastern side, while the west is decorated by massive stone masonry, medieval memories, coming closer to the "aravourgizon; Venetian baroque north face.
Governor's Palace is the best preserved example eclecticism, by which was governed by Di Fausto. It is one of the most remarkable buildings of the Italian Dodecanese and since located on the beach is one of the first images that has the city the visitor arriving from the sea.